Welcome to Imperius Dominatus
Imperius Dominatus is a 6mm-scale large-scale tabletop miniatures game set in the Horus Heresy.
Imperius Dominatus uses 10-sided dice (D10s) to permit truly large battles in 6mm “epic” scale. It draws its inspiration from the many previous “epic”-scale rulesets (such as NetEpic), as well as many original ideas and mechanics. Scenarios permit games to be played in an afternoon with a built-in turn limit, or just play freeform for as much time the players have.
The ruleset and army lists capture the breadth and scope of units and formations from the Horus Heresy, as they currently exist in the larger miniature scale. As it grows and adds new units and formations, so will Imperius Dominatus.
Have fun and enjoy the game!
Download all Imperius Dominatus v1.4 core rules, army books and cards as a single zip file (46MB)
August 11 2021: The Dark Imperium Begins!
Imperius Dominatus has explored the depths of the Dark Age of the Horus Heresy now embarks onto a larger narrative that of Warfare in the 42nd Millennium – The Dark Imperium!
The first faction to make its debut into the Era Indomitus are DA ORKS! Ferocious and unyielding the green tide of destruction now has its complete Army Book and Army Cards available. A modern take on this faction that includes old favorites as well.
Be amongst the first to join the WAARGH!
Ork Army Book
Imperius Dominatus v1.4
- All Transport cards were revised and updated to the new format.
- The Reinforced Armor [RA] ability is now fully implemented to descriptions, statlines and army cards.
- Icons to identify commanders in non-infantry formations is fully implemented on all army cards where appropriate.
- Clarifications and rewording in the transport card section and weapon trait section (Antipersonnel trait) added.
June 22 2021: Version 1.3 is now available!
- Incorrect note on the Warmonger Head removed.
- To-hit modifier reference sheet – added additional modifiers
- Typos in Mechanicum book regarding titan weapons and heads corrected.
- Ursus claws and shock lance added
- Solar auxilia book typos corrected
- Missing Venatari Custodes cards added
- Reserve movement rules updated
- Stormhammer Statline for weapons corrected
- Scorpius, whirlwind and Hyperios, corrected, Statlines updated, cards updated
- Errors in breakpoints in astartes support cards fixed
- Error in attack bike Statline fixed
- Eliminated extra wording from void shield description
- Updated optional armor types in astartes army book to reflect changes in invulnerability saves
- Language and omitted abilities in veteran description updated.
- Additional wording in close combat section regarding firing into close combat groups and close combat outcomes if one side is entirely wiped out.
- Typo on upgrade cards for Osirion dreadnoughts fixed.
- Addition of recon upgrade for solar auxilia
- Addition of warmaster and warmonger titans
- Addition of titan optimization cards
- Volkite titan weapons added
May 1 2021: Version 1.2. is now available!
- Solar Auxilia Artillery Tank Company Card. Dracosan,, not Dracosian. CORRECTED
- Legiones Astartes Army List Page 25. “Wear” CORRECTED
- Solar Auxilia Army List. Missing Veletaris Storm Prime. ADDED
- Thallax are classified as infantry, not walkers. CORRECTED
- Thallax have jump packs. ADDED
- Data Sheet for Solar Auxilia Shadowsword, differing stats from army list, CORRECTED
- Iron Warriors army card characteristics says, “Imperial Fists”. CORRECTED
- Legion Grand Assault company command stands numbers incorrect. CORRECTED
- Apply statement of what happens to elements in destroyed structures as in the case of transports. ADDED
- Update artillery rules to assign dice like firing. MODIFIED
- Thousand Sons Army Card Ahriman error. CORRECTED
- Ultramarine Character card name error. CORRECTED
- Common to hit modifiers and perils of the warp added to cheat sheets. ADDED
- Titan update: Warmaster added, volkite weapons added and plasma weapons updated. Other updates. ADDED and MODIFIED.
- Reaver Titan Army card movement rate error. CORRECTED
December 14 2020: Version 1.1 now available!
- The word “blackshield” on the first page of the Blackshield Army Cards is misspelled. DONE
- The Perturabo special formation card has an incorrect reference to the Imperial Fists. DONE
- Weapon stats for grav flux bombard are missing for the leviathan dreadnought. DONE
- Alpha Legion trait references “move through over”, to be replaced by “agile”. DONE
- Destroyers with Jump Packs had the [CA] ability omitted; it will be added. *
- Generic Dreadclaw army cards are missing and will be added. DONE
- Add land raider transport options for power armored infantry. DONE
- Add Missing Deathstorm Drop pod cards. DONE
- Last sentence in charge order description has an error in it referring to the hit penalty and bonus to being targeted. DONE
- The sections on ranged and close combat assigning dice/hits, etc will be re-organized and re-written where necessary for clarity. DONE
- Invulnerable save modifications, removal, and updates. Cost updates. DONE
- Macro and heavy macro weapons ignore invulnerable saves. DONE
- Application of Forgeworld’s errata file to several units, with stat updates and cost modifications (Phalanx warder, etc).
- The Chaplain, Librarian and Primus Medicae Consul types are not available to a Space Wolves Detachment (being replaced with the Priest of Fenris – see page 234). DONE
- Legion Consul Herald remove +1 to morale add adds indomitable cost 100points. DONE
- Legion Delegatus card wording will be corrected to avoid confusion. DONE
- Several Psychic powers will need editing due to changes in how invulnerable saves work. DONE
- Better wording on Upgrades cards and how they are added to be included. DONE
- Additional language to be added to the close combat section to cover engaging more than one formation in close combat.
- Update veteran description. DONE
- Modify language on Blood Angels command jump packs. DONE
- Update Predators.
- Rulebook, Army lists and army cards updated to version 1.1 were necessary.
October 27 2020: Imperius Dominatus website now live!
The Imperius Dominatuscore rulebook andarmy books and cards for the Heresy Era are now available for download.
Stay tuned as Imperius Dominatus enters the Dark Imperium with the first of its Era Indomitus army lists – Orks!
The Imperius Dominatus Core Rulebook, MKIV edition is a comprehensive ruleset where all the key mechanics for game play are explained. The ruleset applies to game play in both the Horus Heresy and Era Indomitus (40k).
The design strives to be easy to understand with a lot of “at a glance” mechanics to limit the time spent on accessing information during gameplay and focus more on actual play.
Army Books & Cards
- Fortification Cards (PDF)
- ID Counters (PDF)
- Psychic Power Cards (PDF)
Imperialis Militia Cards
Legio Custodes Cards
Legiones Astartes Cards (General)
- Legiones Astartes Company Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Flier Transport Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Grand Company Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Grand Support Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Ground Vehicle Transport Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Special Formations (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Support Cards (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Upgrade Cards (PDF)
Legiones Astartes Cards (Legion-Specific)
- Legiones Astartes Alpha Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Blackshields (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Blood Angels Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Dark Angels Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Death Guard Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Emperors Children Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Imperial Fist Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Iron Hands Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Iron Warriors Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Night Lords Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Raven Guard (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Salamanders Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Sons Of Horus Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Space Wolves Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Thousand Sons Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Ultramarines Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes White Scars Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes Word Bearers Legion (PDF)
- Legiones Astartes World Eaters Legion (PDF)
- Mechanicum Company Cards (PDF)
- Mechanicum Grand Company Cards (PDF)
- Mechanicum Grand Support Cards (PDF)
- Mechanicum Special Formations (PDF)
- Mechanicum Support Cards (PDF)
- Mechanicum Transport Cards (PDF)
Questoris Knight Household Cards
Daemons of the Ruinstorm Cards
- Ruinstorm Company Cards (PDF)
- Ruinstorm Grand Support Cards (PDF)
- Ruinstorm Special Formations (PDF)
- Ruinstorm Support Cards (PDF)
- Secutarii Company Cards (PDF)
- Secutarii Grand Company Cards (PDF)
- Secutarii Grand Support Cards (PDF)
- Secutarii Special Formations (PDF)
- Secutarii Support Cards (PDF)
- Secutarii Transport Cards (PDF)
Sisters of Silence Cards
Solar Auxilia Cards
Titan Legions Cards
There is no Imperius Dominatus without the community’s support! It all began on the Facebook page here:
News, updates and content contributions are discussed there. We hope you will join us!